- This event has passed.
Self-Guided Vineyard Walk
November 20, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until December 31, 2017
Self-Guided Tours are available on weekdays and are complimentary with the purchase of a $14 tasting, a glass of wine or a bottle purchase. Check in at the tasting room, pick up your tour booklet and stroll through the vineyard stopping at markers that explain the growing cycle of the vine. Learn about holistic, sustainable, organic and Biodynamic winegrowing, the natural habitat of wildlife and beneficial insects, and our living soil.
Young adults under the age of 21 are free accompanied by an adult. Available year-round. Certain farming activities may require the self-guided tour to be postponed for a day, you are welcome to call ahead and inquire.
During the Vineyard Walk, guests will:
- Walk through our oldest vines on Shinn Estate Vineyard
- Learn about biodynamic preparations, flow forms and how we use cow horns in the vineyard
- Wander through Shinn’s biodynamic gardens
- See the winemaking practices that produce wines
- Get an inside look at our unique gravity fed winemaking, native yeast fermentation, and our barrel aging technique – while learning the history and philosophy of our winemaking.