North Fork Guide
Stay with Us
Staying with Us
Staying at the Farmhouse on the North Fork is a treat. From vineyards to delicious eateries around town, our guide will assure that you stay busy and entertained during your stay.
Food & Dining
Where to Eat
A Mano | 13550 Main Rd, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.4800
Rustic Italian including pizza. Local wines and Italian wines. Lunch, dinner, outdoor seating.
Lombardi’s Love Lane Market | 240 Love Lane, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.8989
Delicious Italian market – perfect to bring in for a picnic. Large sandwiches – be sure to split!
Love Lane Kitchen | 240 Love Lane, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.8989
Café with A+ food, reasonably priced. Great local wine list. Breakfast, lunch, outdoor seating.
Old Mill Lane | 5775 West Mill Road, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.8080
On the Mattituck inlet with water views. Local cuisine concentrating on organics.
Village Cheese Shop | 100 Love Lane, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.8556
Fondues, sandwiches, salads. Good for picnic provisions. Lunch, outdoor seating.
1943 Pizza | 308 Main St., Greenport, NY • 631.477.6984
Create your own pizzas + great salads.
Brix and Rye | 308 Main St., Greenport, NY • 631.477.6985
A fabulous bar with house cocktails. This was an old speakeasy back in the day.
Bruce’s Cheese Emporium | 208 Main St., Greenport, NY • 631.477.0023
Casual café serving breakfast lunch and dinner. Good people watching.
First and South | 100 South St., Greenport, NY • 631.333.2200
Their motto is “Simple food made great, great food made simply.” Outdoor seating, lunch.
Frisky Oyster | 27 Front St., (Rt 25) Greenport, NY • 631.477.4265
Contemporary American Cuisine.
La Cuvee Wine Bar | 326 Front St,, Greenport, NY • 631.477.0066
Contemporary American cuisine. Outdoor seating available. Lunch (on weekends), dinner.
Noah’s | 136 Front St., Greenport, NY • 631.477.6720
Seafood, Raw Bar, Contemporary American. Lunch, dinner. Outdoor seating available.
Porto Bello Restaurant | 1410 Manhasset Ave, Greenport, NY • 631.477.1515
A beautiful patio overlooking the water serving fresh seafood and Italian.
Salamander | 38 Front St Greenport, NY • 631.477.3711
Casual café and bar located inside Salamander General Store. Perfect store for provisioning or for sitting at the marble bar for a fresh meal of local ingredients. The best fried chicken you will ever eat. Knock out fried oyster roll and French fries.
Scrimshaw at Preston’s Wharf | Preston’s Wharf, Greenport, NY • 631.477.8882
Contemporary American cuisine with an Asian flair. Outdoor seating available
Diggers | 58 W Main St, Riverhead, NY • 631.369.3200
Irish Pub and Restaurant, serving fresh, handcrafted ales and eats on historic main street.
Bistro 72 | Hotel Indigo, 1830 W Main St, Riverhead, NY • 631.369.3325
Chic spot with American farm-to-table menu, outdoor seats & frequent live music.
A Lure | 62300 Main Rd, Southold, NY • 631.876.5300
Seafood-focused menu. Includes raw bar. All local wines.
Caci | 56125 Main Rd, Southold, NY • 631.765.4383
Contemporary Italian. Wood fired grill + homemade pasta. Extensive local wine list.
Elbow East | Kenney’s Rd at Kenney’s Beach, Southold, NY • 631.765.1203
Casual sports bar with TV. Good oysters and clams on the half shell, burgers, fish tacos.
North Fork Table and Inn | 56125 Main Rd, Southold, NY • 631.765.0177
Contemporary Wine Country cuisine. Lunch on weekends, dinner.
Southold Fish Market | 64755 Main Rd, Southold, NY • 631.765.3200
Seafood market serving great seafood lunches. Excellent lobster roll! Lunch, dinner.
Jedediah Hawkins Inn | 400 S. Jamesport Ave, Jamesport, NY • 631.722.2900
Contemporary American with casual glassed-in porch. Lounge bar in basement wine cellar.
Granna | 1556 Main Rd. Jamesport, NY 11947 • 631.779.2844
Delicious Neapolitan style pizza; hand-made mozzarella; other Italian entrees and local wine.
Touch of Venice | 28350 Main Road, Cutchogue, NY • 631.298.5851
Classic and contemporary Italian with a nice bar. Lunch and Dinner, outdoor patio.
East Marion/Orient Dining
Hellenic Snack Bar | 5145 Main Rd (Rt 25), East Marion, NY • 631.477.0138
Very good Greek food, local fish. Local wines. Glassed-in patio.
Orient by the Sea | 40200 Main Rd Orient, NY 11957 • 631.477.0138
Waterfront views. Casual atmosphere for fresh seafood close to the Orient point ferry.
Activities & Services
What to Do
North Fork Wineries & Tours
Vintage Tours | Southold, NY • 631.765.4689
Wine Tours New York | 954.224.0982
Strong’s Marine | Camp Mineola Rd., Mattituck, NY • 631.298.4770 • Boat Rentals
Captain Bob’s Fleet | Mattituck, NY • 631.298.5522 • Fishing
Orient by the Sea Marina | Orient Point, NY • 631.323.2424 • Fishing
Peconic Star II – Capt. Dave Brennan | Greenport, NY • 631.289.6899 • Fishing
Sail the Historic with Schooner Mary | E., Main St. Greenport, NY • 631.662.7925 • Scenic Cruise, Daily Sails
Sail the Historic with Captain Eric | E., Main St. Greenport, NY • 631.332.0699 • Scenic Cruise, Private Charter
Sail Aboard Gallant with Captain Dan | Prestons Dock, Main St., Greenport NY • 252.723.1941 • Scenic Cruise, Private Charter
Three Waters Kayaks | East End Waterways • 646.673.1423 • Kayaking, Tours & Rentals
Eagles Neck Paddling Company | 49295 Main Rd., Southold, NY • 631.765.3502 • Kayaking, Biking, Paddleboarding, Tours & Rentals
Dan’s Bike Rentals | 212.380.1119 • Bike Rentals
Star Gazing: The Custer Institute | 1115 Main Bayview Rd, Southold, NY • 631. 765.2626
Spa & Wellness
Eastern Sun Holistic Health, Feather Hill | 53345 Main St., Southold, NY • 631.765-2100 • Spa
Blue Sage Day Spa | 140 Pike Street, Mattituck NY • 631.298-4244 • Spa
Born to Massage Associates | Bruce Berger • 631.477.2006 • Spa
Yoga Shala | 430 Main Street, Greenport, NY • Yoga Studio
The Giving Room | 56215 Main Rd, Rt 25, Southold, NY 11971 • 631.765.3233 • Yoga Studio
- Horton Point Lighthouse | Lighthouse Road, Southold, NY • 631.765/2101
- Railroad Museum of Long Island | 440 4th Street, Greenport, NY • 631.477.0439
- Southold Indian Museum | 1080 North Bayview Rd. Southold, NY • 631.765.5577
- East End Seaport and Maritime Museum | 3rd Street, Greenport NY • 631.477.2100
- Southold Historical Society Museum | 54325 Main Rd., Southold NY • 631.765.5500
Park Trails & Beaches
- Bailie’s Beach Park | A Soundfront Beach located on the east side of the Mattituck Inlet Jetty. Site of a Boy Scout Cabin, Mattituck District Permit required for parking.
- Emerson Park | An unsupervised beach located at the end of South Harbor Rd.
- Nassau Point Causeway | beach with swings and slides, sandbox, barbecue grill, picnic tables, park benches, handicap ramp, basketball court, roped off bathing area, bathroom facilities, and lifeguards on duty over the summer months. The Nassau Point Community Beach is a parcel of considerable acreage and beach front on Little Peconic Bay and wetlands areas on the west into Broadwater Cove.
- Mill Road Preserve | 1900 Mill Rd., Mattituck. A 25-acre parcel with the trailhead located on Mill Road.
- Downs Farm Preserve | 23800 Route 25, Cutchogue. A 51-acre wooded parcel with miles of passive recreation trails; adjoins productive farmlands and the tidal wetland of Downs Creek.
- Arshamomaque Preserve | A 120-acre preserve with 1.3 miles of nature trails that wander through mature woodlands, freshwater wetlands and open fields.
- Dam Pond Maritime Reserve | 11855 Route 48, East Marion, A 36-acre reserve with a 1.2 mile trail.
- Orient Beach State Park | 4000 Route 25, Orient. 25,000 feet of frontage on Gardiner’s Bay and a rare maritime forest with red cedar, blackjack oak trees and prickly-pear cactus.
Farm Stands (organic)
- Sang Lee Farms | 25180 County Rd. 48, Peconic, NY • 631.734.7001
- The Farm | Rt 25, across from Old Field Vineyards, Greenport, NY • biodynamic, organic
- Garden of Eve | 4558 Sound Ave., Riverhead, NY • 631.722.8777
- Golden Eathworm Farm | 652 Peconic Bay Blvd, Aquebogue, NY • 631.722.3302
- Browders Birds | 405 Soundview Ave, Mattituck, NY • 631.477.6523 • eggs, chicken, farm wear
- Ty Llwyd Farms | 5793 Sound Ave., Mattituck, NY • (organic) vegetables and unpasturized milk
- 8 Hands | 4735 Cox Lane, Cutchogue, NY • 631.533.2768 • organic, eggs, lamb, wool
- Bayview Farm and Market | 891 Main Rd., Aquebogue, NY • 631.722.4369
- Briermere Farms | 79 Sound Ave., Riverhead, NY • 631.722.3931
- Harbes Family Farmstand | Sound Ave at Hallock Lane, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.0800
- Krupski’s Farm | RR3 38030 Main Rd., Peconic NY • 631.734.6847
- Latham Farms | Main Rd., Orient, NY • 631.323.3701
- Wickhams Fruit Farm | Main Rd., Cutchogue, NY • 631.734.6441
- Schmitt’s Farm Country Fresh | Main Rd., Laurel, NY • 631.298.1991
- Mattituck Cinemas | 10095 Main Rd., Mattituck, NY • 631.298.7469 • movie theater
- Greenport Theater | 211 Front St., Greenport, NY • 631.477.8600 • theater
- North Fork Community Theater | Sound Ave, Mattituck, NY • 631.298.4500 • theater
- Calverton Links | 149 Edwards Ave, Calverton, NY • 631.369.5200 • golf
- Island’s End | Route 25, Greenport NY • 631.477.0777 • golf
- Long Island National | 1793 Northville Turnpike, Riverhead, NY • 631.727.4653 • golf
- Drossos Mini Golf & Game Room | Main Road, Greenport, NY • 631.477.1339 • mini-golf & arcade
- Riverhead Raceway | Route 58, Riverhead, NY • (631) 727-0010 • raceway
- Atlantis Marine World | 431 East Main Street, Riverhead, NY • 631.208.9200 • aquarium
Activities & Services
- Hometown Taxi | (631) 765-8622
- Layya | (631) 494-8763
- Riverhead Town Taxi | (631) 369-7770
- Island Cab Company | (631) 786- 2173 • Office: (631) 765-5336
- Main Street Drivers | hourly rental cars and vans (212) 579-4963 • (888) 327-4460 • hourly rental cars & vans
- Casual Pointe Transportation | (631) 576-4787 • limos
- North Fork Designated Driver | (631) 734-9463 • drives your car so you don’t have to
- Town Car & Limo Service | (631) 765-5834 • islander limo
- Long Island Railroad | Penn Station via Ronkonkoma • (631) 231-6477
- Cross Sound Ferry | New London CT to Orient • (631) 323-2525 • ferry
- BPJ Ferry | Bridgeport CT to Port Jeff NY • (888) 443-3779 • ferry
- North Ferry Company | Greenport to Shelter Island – (631) 749-0139 • ferry (cars, walk on, bikes)
- South Ferry Company | Shelter Island to South Fork • (631) 749-1200 • ferry to hamptons
- Hampton Jitney | From Eastern Long Island (631) 283-4600 • From NYC (212) 362-8400
- Orient Point & East Hampton | Suffolk County Bus • (631) 852-5200
- LI MacArthur Airport | Cont, Delta, NW, SW, US Air
- Mattituck Airport | small, midsize aircraft, hanger
- Hertz | 29950 Main Road, Cutchogue • (631) 298-2692 • rental car
- Enterprise | 1076 Old Country Rd., Riverhead, NY • (631) 369-6300 • rental car
- Dinizio Service Center | Route 48, Mattituck, NY (631) 298-8999 • auto-repair
- New Beginnings | 46950 Country Rd. 48, Southold, NY (631) 765-5035 • hair salon
- Mattituck Dry Cleaners | 10095 Main Rd., Mattituck, NY • (631) 298-4343 • dry cleaning
- Alfred Ciletti, DDS | 44655 County Road 48, Southold, NY • (631) 765-1262 • dentist
- Stat Health | 32645 Main Rod, Cutchogue, NY • (631) 734-5505 • walk-in clinic
- Central Suffolk Hospital | 1300 Roanoke Ave., Riverhead, NY • (631) 548-6000 • hospital
- Eastern Long Island Hospital | 201 Manor Place, Greenport, NY • (631) 477-1000 • hospital
- Southold Optician | 55905 Route 25, Southold, NY • (631) 765-4344 • eye doctor
- CVS | 9870 Main Rd., Mattituck, NY • (631) 298-8280 • pharmacy
- USPS | 140 Love Lane, Mattituck, NY • (631) 298-4230 • post office
Loved by Many
Don’t Take Our Word For It
“Tranquility in the Vineyards”
Shinn Estate Farmhouse is an amazing getaway: a comfortable well-appointed house in the midst of a tranquil vineyard a short drive from New York City. A complimentary tasting of their well-regarded wines is included.
Exactly what my boyfriend and I needed – a beautiful, relaxing, romantic get away. We walked around the vineyard in the morning with our coffee, what a great way to start a day. It was a nice touch having Shinn wine and a cheese plate to enjoy in the common area late afternoon. Planning another trip soon….